Before creating, deleting or editing locations, it is best that you read up on how the mFieldwork location and department system works here.
On mFieldwork you can create a logical location. I say logical because they do not necessarily map out to a geographic location unless you and your users ensure so.
Think of a location as a folder to which you can control which records go into it and who has access it.
Locations (and departments) are used to logically separate users, surveys and records.
To add a location
- Click the All Locations menu at the top of the page and then Manage Locations. You will be directed to the Manage Locations page.
Add a New Location. See Figure 1.
- Type the name of the Location in the Location Name field
- Select the Country where the Location is
- Click Save, when you have finished
- When you are finished adding, editing or deleting, click Done
To edit a location
- Click the All Locations menu at the top of the page and then Manage Locations. You will be directed to the Manage Locations page
- Click Edit in the Action column next to next to the Location and make any edits. See Figure 1.
- Click Save, when you have finished editing
- When you are finished editing, adding or deleting, click Done
To delete a location
- Click Delete in the Action column next to the Location. See Figure 1. An alert will appear informing you that any surveys associated with the deleted Location will be deleted as well.
- Click Yes or No
- Once you have finished deleting, adding or editing, click Done